Welcome to the Tonopah
Valley Community Council Web Site
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Tonopah Valley Community Councilis a body which acts as an intermediary between the Tonopah Community and
external bodies such as various county, state, and federal governments and
• It has the responsibility and duty to
research and study issues relevant to the community and to present the facts to
the community at large.
It also has the purpose of:
• Developing civic consciousness in
the residents of the community.
• Encouraging their active
participation in constructive projects which will improve quality of life for
all residents and visitors in the Tonopah area.
• Maintaining the rural character of
the area for the continued enjoyment of the residents and visitors in this
western section of Maricopa County.
• Does not have the power to tax or govern.
• Serves the Tonopah Valley which is an unincorporated area of western Maricopa County, located approximately 45 miles west of downtown Phoenix. The area covers approximately 400 Square miles, and is bounded on the north by the Belmont Mountains, the west by Saddle Mountain, the east by the Hassayampa River, and the south by Elliot Road more or less.